Do you have one year or more of experience as a Peace Officer and have an active MN Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) license or be eligible for licensure by the date of hire? Come join our team as a Deputy Sheriff. An initial assignment could include Patrol, Water Patrol, Transport, Hospital Security, Court Security, or the Adult Detention Center. As a Sheriff's Deputy you will have the opportunity to expand your public safety experience through training, promotion, and opportunities for specialized law enforcement assignments. The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office offers initiatives such as Criminal Information Sharing and Analysis, Violent Offender Task Force, Crime Scene Investigation, Criminal Investigation, Community Outreach and Employee Wellness. If you are a critical thinker and have great adaptability skills, then this position may be a good fit for you. Targeted starting salary range: Deputy Sheriff: $78.540.02 - $96,934.53 Annually Full salary range: Deputy Sheriff: $64,623.02 - $96,934.53 Annually
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:This position requires working a flexible schedule including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, and is subject to emergency call back 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. This position will be on-site at various Hennepin County locations include downtown Minneapolis and surrounding suburban office locations.About this position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position. The anticipated start date is 10/23/23.
This position is internally classified as a Sheriff, Deputy.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Respond to emergency 911 calls for service.
· Assist in search and rescue operations and/or respond to public safety emergencies.
· Participate in investigations, make arrests, and enforce the criminal code.
· Enforce traffic laws including the applicable laws governing water and snowmobile safety.
· Transport prisoners and others in the care of the court.
· Maintain standards of order within Hennepin County's courtrooms.
· Maintain security and direct activities within the Adult Detention Division and Court Security Division.