Make a difference in your community by helping youth as a homework help tutor! Apply today to become a volunteer with Hennepin County's Homework Help Program, as a tutor for K-12 youth after school on homework-related projects. Volunteers support students' academic success by helping them develop literacy and mathematics skills, understand homework assignments, and prepare for college. Volunteers commit once a week for at least one semester. Experience with youth is helpful, and training is provided. A criminal background check and professional references are required. Please click here to apply for this unpaid, volunteer opportunity.
This is an advertisement for an unpaid, volunteer position. Please click here to apply for this unpaid, volunteer opportunity.
In this volunteer position, Homework Help Tutors will:
· Assist K-12 youth after school with literacy and homework related projects – reading, math, history, language arts and more.
· Assist 1-5 students in a group setting with homework.
· Answer homework questions and refer students to library resources, as needed.
· Refer students to librarian, as needed.
· Good verbal communication skills.
· Experience working with school age children preferred.
· Ability to work with a variety of people.
· College experience or college degree preferred.
· Pass criminal background check.
· Attend all required training sessions.
· Volunteer for at least one semester following training.
· Tutor for a minimum of 2 hours per week.
· Enhance experience for job application.
· Enhance experience for college application.
· Earn community service credits for school/club.
Training provided by Program Coordinator, supervision by designated Hennepin County Library staff member.
About the department:Our mission is to inspire, facilitate, and celebrate lifelong learning.Shaped by the information needs and aspirations of our residents, we envision the library as a shared space for enrichment and connection. Please click here to apply for this unpaid, volunteer opportunity. If you have any questions, please contact: HCL Volunteer Services at 612-543-8633 OR emailVolunteering@hennepin.us with the subject header: Homework Help Program