Hennepin County's Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation is seeking a diverse group of volunteers to fulfill five Victim Impact Panel Speaking opportunities. Victim Impact Panel Volunteers are offered a restorative justice opportunity by allowing victims, and the families of impaired driving; the ability to speak about how the crime impacted them.In addition, previous clients no longer on probation may have the opportunity to speak about their offense and the impact it had on victim(s), families, and the community. Please click here to apply for this unpaid, volunteer opportunity. Location and hours:Virtual: via Microsoft TeamsEvery 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. In Person: To be determined as the location, dates and times become available. About the volunteer position type:This is an advertisement for an unpaid, volunteer position.In this volunteer position, you will:
· Provide the audience with an engaging and informative message about the risk of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the impact these accidents have on families and individuals.
· Gain an opportunity to share how your life has been affected by any losses or injuries due to someone’s choice to drive while impaired or distracted.
· Successfully complete DOCCR Program orientation and training.
· Be supported by a designated Adult Probation staff and meet when needed.
· Complete necessary background clearance.
About the department:The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation works to enhance community safety, promote community restoration, and reduce the risk of re-offense. Department staff and volunteers serve Hennepin County at more than 20 service locations ranging from correctional facilities to probation reporting offices and occupational training centers, delivering sustainable correctional services to more than 26,000 adult and juvenile clients. It is the largest community corrections organization in Minnesota. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/corrections. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.Please click here to apply for this unpaid, volunteer opportunity.If you have any questions, please contact: Joe DurocherJoseph.Durocher@hennepin.us