Hennepin Health seeks a Chief Medical Officer to serve as part of the Executive Team, to oversee outstanding clinical services that meet the needs of Hennepin Health members and to lead collaborative efforts to improve health outcomes, to reduce health care access barriers, to drive innovation and to eliminate disparities. This position does not require a clinical practice, though incorporation of a clinical practice may be negotiated if desired. Hennepin Health is a national-award-winning managed care organization that serves Hennepin County residents who are eligible for the Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP), Special Needs BasicCare (SNBC), and MinnesotaCare. Hennepin Health operates an accountable health model that brings together Hennepin Health, Hennepin Healthcare, NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center, and the Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Departments. Hennepin Health integrates its work with other critical services offered by Hennepin County and Hennepin Healthcare and takes a holistic approach by considering a member's medical, behavioral health, and social service needs. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit theemployee referral program page. Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed primarily both remotely and on-site at 525 Portland Ave, Minneapolis, MN and at various community locations as job duties require. There may be opportunity for clinic practice at the NorthPoint Clinic, Hennepin County Public Health Clinical Services, or at Hennepin Healthcare. This position has a primary schedule of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with flexibility to respond to business needs. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type: This position is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as a Physician, Senior Associate Click here to view the job classification specification. Note: You must attach a cover letter and resume with your application materials to be considered for this position. In this position, you will:
· Draw on your deep commitment to the Hennepin Health vision of changing how we build healthy, equitable communities in Hennepin County and beyond.
· Communicate the County and Hennepin Health visions, strategic directions, priorities, and initiatives to managers, supervisors, and staff, and represent Hennepin Health with regulatory and accrediting bodies, and other stakeholders.
· Provide strategic leadership and supervisory oversight to clinical health plan functions at Hennepin Health, including credentialing and provider data, quality management, pharmacy, clinical innovation, utilization management, behavioral health, and social service navigation.
· Work at multiple levels from strategic planning to conducting routine clinical reviews.
· Oversee a team of approximately 40 using demonstrated personnel management skills.
· Design effective population health and value-based care models and protocols to decrease inappropriate utilization and/or enhance quality of outcomes.
· Drive innovative and collaborative work across the Hennepin system, supporting initiatives to improve health care outcomes, to eliminate disparities, to address barriers to access and to increase integration of traditional health care services with other County and community services that support the social influencers of health.
· Demonstrate commitment to patient-centered models of care delivery with proven quality management/improvement records.
· Build strong, collaborative relationships through community conversations, trade associations, and other public forums on health care and related issues.
· Serve as a member of Hennepin Health’s executive team, determining strategic direction for business growth, change, and operations.
· Direct the development, measurement, reporting, and achievement of outcomes for assigned operations.
· Lead the Quality Management, Utilization Management, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Credentialing, and other required regulatory committees.
Need to have:
· Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree from an accredited school of medicine and completion of an approved internship and an approved formal adult or child residency.
· A valid license to practice medicine issued by the State of Minnesota.
· Board certification in an appropriate specialty.
Nice to have:
· Five or more years of clinical experience with related supervisory experience in the healthcare or insurance industry.
· Experience working for a health maintenance organization, or in a managed care or other health insurance-related setting.
· Experience working with low income and/or Medicaid-eligible populations.
About the department: Hennepin Health provides health care coverage to Hennepin County residents who are enrolled in a Minnesota Health Care Program. Hennepin Health is Minnesota’s only county-owned, state-certified health maintenance organization that contracts with the Minnesota Department of Human Services. We envision being a leader in partnering with our members and communities to change how we build healthy, equitable communities by integrating health care and service to enhance the health and wellbeing of our members and the community. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on an on-going basis until the vacancy is filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.If you have any questions, please contact: Megan Baer Megan.Baer@hennepin.us