Acrylic Design Associates (ADA) is a recognized leader in creating world-class retail displays and high-profile environments. With a 250,000+ square foot modern operations center, Acrylic Design provides the scale and expertise to handle complex turnkey needs, including design, engineering, prototyping, fabrication, printing, LED technologies, assembly, warehousing, fulfillment and distribution services. Founded in 1976, Acrylic Design is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and serves a global client base. More information is available at www.acrylicdesign.com.
The Design Engineer / Drafter will be responsible for designing SolidWorks parametric models and drawings for production on our shop floor. Assemblies and parts may consist of acrylic (primary), metal and wood casework (secondary) and electronics. Candidate should have a good understanding of SolidWorks and CAD programs, PDM file management systems, a good understanding of the manufacturing process, knowledgeable in ANSI drafting standards and be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Design and model internal projects for production using SolidWorks parametric software and SolidWorks PDM file management system.
· Create drawings from SolidWorks models utilizing ANSI standards.
· Convert external client drawings and models into ADA’s title blocks and standards for ADA production teams.
· Attend brainstorming sessions with internal teams to solve client design challenges as necessary.
· Work with clients in resolving design challenges pertaining to projects.
· Assist sales staff, estimators, project managers, prototype and manufacturing teams in overall production of files for our clients.
· Assist the Design and Engineering Director and Prototype Team Leader in development and assembly of showroom displays, as needed.
· Other duties, as assigned.
The Design Engineer / Drafter should have the below skills including, but not limited to: conceptual design, prototype development, and troubleshooting within parametric software (SolidWorks, PDM Pro, Sketchup, Keyshot, and other related software platforms). The Design Engineer / Drafter should also have a thorough knowledge of the manufacturing process and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Thorough knowledge of SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM file management systems.
· Thorough knowledge of ANSI drawing standards.
· Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and workflows.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of the following software helpful, but not mandatory: Sketchup, Keyshot (or similar 3D rendering software), AutoCAD, Inventor, and Adobe Creative Suite.
At least 3-5 years of professional experience as a Design Engineer / Drafter
General understanding of displays and fixtures including three dimensional applications
General understanding of manufacturing operations and operating systems within the plastics industry
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Possession of good math and problem-solving skills