Hennepin County's Facility Services Department is seeking a Senior Facilities Operations Manager in the Facilities Management Division. This position provides facilities management and oversight of Hennepin County's portfolio of 41 libraries, the Brookdale, Ridgedale, and Southdale Regional Service Centers which includes 20+ staff, approximately 1.5 million gross square feet, and a current budget over $8 million. This position is part of the senior management team for the Facilities Management division, which operates and maintains county owned and leased buildings, and will report to the County's Director of Facilities Management.Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Hennepin County Government Center, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN with site visits to other county facilities as needed. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.This position requires being on-call 24/7 and the ability to provide back-up coverage for assigned staff. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About the position type:
This position is full-time, benefit earning.
This position is internally classified as a Facilities Operations Manager, Senior. Click here to view the job classification specification.
Note: You must attach a resume as part of your application materials to be considered for this position.
In this position, you will:
· Oversee and manage the budgets, operations, and maintenance of 41 Hennepin County libraries and three service centers.
· Supervise, train, mentor, and coach direct reports and staff.
· Develop and implement operating strategies, policies, procedures, and organizational priorities to address the division's future and present needs.
· Coordinate, facilitate, and develop training programs for large and small groups of staff.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Bachelor's degree or higher in facility management, engineering, architecture, or a related field and four years or more of experience in facilities management activities with responsibilities involving multiple facilities.
o Eight or more years of experience in facilities management activities with responsibilities involving multiple facilities.
· A current Certified Facility Manager (CFM) certification by the International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) and/or a Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) Designation by the Building Owners and Managers Institute International (BOMI).
· Five or more years of experience in a supervisory role; training, and personnel management experience that includes coaching, mentoring, and evaluation of staff.
o Analyzing, evaluating, writing, and modifying operating methods, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
o Managing large office/library portfolios with multi-million-dollar operating budgets; including developing, forecasting, reporting, and analyzing.
o Using CAFM/CMMS programs (FM Systems preferred).
About the department:The Hennepin County Facility Services Department provides a full range of facility services for county programs and services. The department:
· Identifies capital needs, responds to and supports capital projects identified by line departments
· Develops and manages projects to construct new buildings, refurbish existing buildings, and maintain infrastructure
· Operates and maintains buildings
· Protects employees, contacts and property
About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.If you have any questions, please contact:Brooke Haaf