Haven Housing, located in North Minneapolis, offers emergency shelter and supportive housing for women and families. The mission of Haven Housing is to provide women in crisis or transition with a stable environment and the opportunity to explore options for their future.
Haven Housing is currently seeking a Health Specialist (Chemical Dependency Professional) to join our dynamic team.
The Health Specialist (Chemical Dependency Professional) will provide chemical and mental health (MI/CD) support throughout our three programs. The Health Specialist will provide chemical and mental health therapeutic services to women who have experience with homelessness, complex trauma, and other barriers to life instability. The Health Specialist will lead individual and group sessions, provide crisis intervention, coordinate community resources, and provide educational opportunities. This position is funded through a grant for a two-year period, with the goal of continued employment thereafter. The Health Specialist will report to the Director of Programs.
● Provide chemical and mental health services to program participants
● Conduct individualized health needs assessments, collaboratively establishing client goals, and creating plans to achieve health objectives
● Develop and present MI/CD education and promotion programs, such as training workshops, conferences, and school or community presentations
● Document activities and record information in participant records
● Prepare and distribute health education materials, such as reports, bulletins, and visual aids, to address public health concerns
● Maintain cooperative working relationships within Haven Housing and with agencies in the community to assist residents in achieving goals
● 7+ years combination of education and experience in delivering MI/CD services
● 2+ years in customer service or direct care role
● Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, or related
● Valid Driver’s license
● Experience working with women of diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds in homeless or housing settings
● Active involvement in related professional organizations to be aware of best practices to deliver high quality services
● Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in written, interpersonal, and verbal formats, including ability to be an active listener
● Service orientation with a willingness to help others and meet the needs of program participants, staff, and external partners
● Serve as a role model with strong adherence to professional boundaries
● Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
● Office in a supportive housing residence serving women and families in N. Minneapolis
● Travel to scattered sites in the community, as needed, to work with program participants
Excellent Employee Benefits including
● Medical (85% paid for employee), fully paid employee dental, and paid basic life
● 401k Retirement with employer contribution and match
● 10 days Float/Holiday pay
● 4 weeks paid time off to start
Salary: $48,000-52,000 year, depending on qualifications
Job Type: Exempt (not eligible for overtime pay), 40 hours per week. Benefit eligible.
Haven Housing is a Second Chance Employer that will accept candidates with non-violent felony and misdemeanor records.
Haven Housing is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.