4/7/2023 11:59 PM Central
Do you have a creative passion for crafting multimedia content? The Operations/Administration/Internal division in the Communications department is seeking two students to participate in a part-time internship opportunity as communications multimedia interns. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program. Location and hours: These positions are hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN and remote as job duties require. Work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 pm. This internship will start in June and will last through mid-August with the potential to extend into the academic year on a case-by-case basis. The intern will work approximately 20 hours/week. While these positions are designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. About this position type: These positions are part-time, non-benefit earning internships. These positions are internally classified as an Intern II. Click here to view the job classification specification. Note: You must attach a resume and two multimedia content samples with your application materials to be considered for this position. Candidates may submit samples produced for another internship, student news outlet or class. In these positions, you will:
· Craft multimedia content at the direction of a supervisor and work in partnership with subject matter experts.
· Gather information and conduct interviews.
· Write content, capture photos and video.
· Review, revise and publish content with support from others.
· Work with senior communicator to plan and execute other tactics such as creating and publishing internal and external web e-newsletter content.
· Attend team and communications department meetings and training sessions.
· Engage with county and other learning and development opportunities of interest.
Need to have:
· Current enrollment as a junior or senior year in a bachelor's degree program in journalism, broadcasting journalism, strategic communications or a closely related field.
· Completed introductory news reporting and multimedia production classes.
· Write at an intermediate level.
· Be familiar with or willing to learn Microsoft Office 365 suite of products, editing and project management software, as needed.
· Access to reliable internet connection and self-supported hybrid office space.
Nice to have:
o Working at a student news organization or working in a previous strategic communications internship with emphasis on content creation.
o With photo or video editing.
· Ability to:
o Be familiar with fast-paced environments.
o Be adaptable to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, working with the supervisor to set priorities to meet deadlines with supervisor's help.
· Take initiative in solving problems and use sound judgment when approaching problems.
About the department: Communication and Engagement Services offers strategic and creative services to help connect departments with Hennepin County community members, customers, and employees. The department helps define goals, target the right audiences, and communicate and engage using a continuum of tactics that get attention and meet program and project goals. Specific work areas include community engagement, design and production, digital service, internal and external communication, media relations, resources and training, social media, event and facilitation support, and video production and photography. About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check post interview. Hennepin County values employee retention and engagement through a culture of individual development. If you are a current employee looking for an internship you are responsible for communicating and seeking approval from your supervisor/manager on an arrangement on schedule and workload prior to accepting the paid internship position. The compensation for the internship will be paid at the amount advertised in this posting. If you have any questions, please contact: Megan Baer Megan.Baer@hennepin.us internship2000