Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. Be a part of our team in the Information Technology (IT) department to help our employees work smarter, faster, and better. We are seeking three staff computer support center interns. This position requires a level three security check as a requirement for employment.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program. Location and hours: These positions are on-site at one of the following Staff Computer Support Centers:
· Hennepin County Government Center 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487;
· Brookdale Support Center 6125 Shingle Creek Parkway Suite #100, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430;
· Ridgedale Support Center 12601 Ridgedale Drive Suite #108, Hopkins, MN 55305
Work hours are between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. This internship will start in January 2024 and will last up to one year in duration. The intern will work approximately 20 hours/week.
About these position types:These positions are part-time non-benefit earning internship.
These positions are internally classified as an Intern II.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Note: You must attach a resume with your application materials in order to be considered for this position.
In these positions, you will:
· Assist with New Hire Mondays and the organization of IT equipment at the Staff Computer Support Centers across the county.
· Assist with the Laptop Refresh Project that will be ongoing in 2024.
· Assist in booking appointments for computer related issues. Including walk-ins and self-service appointments.
· Assist with any hardware or software issues as diagnosed by the IT Analyst II.
Need to have:
· Current enrollment or recent graduate (within 6 months) in an IT certificate program, associates, bachelor's, or master's degree program in IT or a related field.
· Access to reliable transportation.
Nice to have:
· Customer service experience.
· Highly organized and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
· Customer Service Skills.
About the department:Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. It is made up of 9 divisions: Business Solutions, Service Management Office, Architecture, Central Services Administration & Imaging Operations, Enterprise Development, IT Finance & Support Services, Operations, IT Strategic Alignment, IT Security.
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check post interview.
Hennepin County values employee retention and engagement through a culture of individual development. If you are a current employee looking for an internship you are responsible for communicating and seeking approval from your supervisor/manager on an arrangement on schedule and workload prior to accepting the paid internship position. The compensation for the internship will be paid at the amount advertised in this posting.