Hennepin County Library (HCL) is seeking teens ages 16-18 to join our Teen Tech Center - Teen Tech Squad and help facilitate creative learning experiences in digital media with teens (ages 12-19) at the Best Buy Teen Tech Center at the Minneapolis Central Library. Teen Tech Squad members will focus on supporting peer learning using technology for creative expression and exploration in the arts and sciences. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.Location and hours: These positions are located at the downtown central library at 300 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis, MN 55401. Teen Tech Squad members work approximately 8 hours per week during evening and some weekend hours. Monday & Wednesday 4:00-8:15 pm or Tuesday & Thursday 4:00-8:15pm. Applicants will also work the second Saturday of every month from 12:00-3:00pm.About these position types: These positions are part-time non-benefit earning internships.These positions are internally classified as Intern I. Clickhere to view the job classification specification.In these positions, you will:
· Facilitate creative learning experiences focused on technology for teens at the Best Buy Teen Tech Center-Minneapolis Central Library.
· Guide participants through hands-on and project-based activities.
· Promote creative expression by cultivating a safe and open environment for participants to create and share.
· Work with other Best Buy Teen Tech Center staff to develop, lead, demonstrate, trouble-shoot, and instruct others in the creation of multimedia projects and learning activities.
· Learn how to use music, video production, photo-editing, and 3D printing software such as LogicPro, Adobe Premier, Protools, Photoshop, and Tinkercad.
· Learn and use techniques for facilitating creative expression in a collaborative and informal learning setting.
Need to be:
· Currently enrolled in high school and be between the ages of 16-18 by March1, 2023.
· Able to lift up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Able to access reliable transportation to Minneapolis Central Library.
· Able to work from 4:00 - 8:15 pm Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays and attend training on the second Saturday of each month from 12:00-3:00 pm.
Nice to have:
o Working with children or teens in a volunteer or work setting.
o Using technology to create something or solve a problem.
· Good communication and leadership skills.
· Ability to:
o Adapt to a dynamic workplace.
o Work as part of a team.
o Work in a diverse community setting.
o Apply creativity and problem-solving skills to design projects or develop ideas.
· An outgoing and friendly attitude.
· Curiosity and an interest in technology, math, science, music, art, video, and/or writing.
· Desire to share skills and interests with others.
About the department: Hennepin County Library works to nourish minds, transform lives and build community together. We are about much more than books. In addition to a collection of almost 5 million books, CDs and DVDs, the library system maintains a treasure trove of documents and online resources, and offers programming to aid and enrich Hennepin County employees and clients.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.If you have any questions, please contact: Megan Baermegan.email@example.com internship2000