Hennepin County's Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Senior IT Engineer to join the Operational Intelligence & Monitoring team. This position will be responsible for the adoption and integration of performance monitoring technologies throughout the organization.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.
Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.
Location and hours:
This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come onsite an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours will be Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. While this position is designated as remote, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as a Senior IT Engineer - IT Infrastructure Engineer. Click here to view the job classification specification.At this time, employees may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,730.84 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
· Be responsible for the adoption and integration of monitoring technologies that ensure less infrastructure downtime, increased platform performance, and improved application effectiveness.
· Be the subject matter expert for monitoring standards and best practices within an Azure and hybrid-Azure environment.
· Enforce technical standards and maintain multiple monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics, and Azure Monitor.
· Translate business partner requirements into effective solutions; adapt communication style to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge and vocabularies.
· Collaborate with other technology specialists across the organization to create effective monitoring solutions across multiple complex systems.
· Have a customer service mindset; see obstacles as interesting challenges to overcome; delve into issues to understand, determine cause, and provide innovative solutions.
· Pursue machine learning and predictive analytics. Identify and implement automation processes that provide value to the customer through better user experiences.
· Coach and mentor other IT engineers and administrators.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems, data engineering, business intelligence, data analytics, or a related information technology field and four or more years of information technology experience.
o Associate/vocational/technical degree in computer science, engineering, or a related information technology field and six or more years of information technology experience.
o Eight or more years of information technology experience.
· Current certification in a leading professional level certification area (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, Infoblox Core DDI, etc.).
Nice to have:
· Two or more years of experience utilizing tool(s) specific to monitoring infrastructure and applications (e.g., SCOM, Splunk or AppDynamics).
o Managing processes within an Azure environment (e.g., managing subscriptions, creating containers, networking, or database management).
o Collecting, monitoring, and analyzing infrastructure or application data using Azure tools and/or Kusto Query Language (KQL).
o Scripting/coding with one or more of the following: PowerShell, .NET, Java, SQL, Python and/or other language.
o With Windows system administration and the application relationships/dependencies running within the infrastructure.
About the department: Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. They are made up of 6 divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, operations, and special projects.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.