Hennepin County's Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Senior IT Network Engineer to join its Network Infrastructure unit. The Network Infrastructure unit is responsible for deploying and supporting enterprise network infrastructure that provides secure connectivity for the nearly 14,000 computing devices across the enterprise on a 24/7 basis. The unit specializes in network and security services using a team approach in its work relating to information security standards and regulations, as well as giving guidance to risk remediation efforts.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program. Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.Location and hours:This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position requires the ability to occasionally work after hours and be on-call on a rotating basis.
While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. At this time, employees may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,730.84 that can be earned annually based on performance.
This position is internally classified as a Senior IT Engineer - IT Network Engineer in the Information Technology (IT) Engineer job class series. Click here to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Research and develop security standards, ensure that security standards are being followed, and draft documentation for security-related processes and projects; communicate industry standards and best practices.
· Develop and maintain security controls framework, based on industry standards identify potential gaps and respond to issues; partner with peers, technical staff, and business staff to recommend remediation and corrective actions and ensure materials meet both business needs and compliance requirements for security awareness training.
· Coordinate complex internal information security projects to scope, timeline, and budget.
· Administer and provide standards for programming and administration of enterprise grade technology including firewalls, load balancers, remote connectivity tools, IP management and DNS tools, and other network components.
· Provide secure access, support and manage various Cloud platforms, such as Oracle Cloud, Azure Cloud, etc., while using Cloud-native, as well as Network/Cloud Automation tools (Ansible Tower, Terraform, Microsoft Azure Automation).
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Seven or more years of information technology experience.
o Associate/vocational/technical degree in computer science, engineering, or a related information technology field and fiveor more years of information technology experience.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems, data engineering, business intelligence, data analytics, or a related information technology field and three or more years of information technology experience.
· Current certification in a leading professional level certification area (e.g., CCNA, F5 Certified Administrator, Infoblox Core DDI, etc.).
Nice to have:
· Experience related to IT risk management such as configuration, monitoring, information management, information security, project and business network, operational continuity, security controls, system audits, or other components of risk management.
· Experience with F5 load balancer, including LTM, GTM, ASM, WAF, BIG-IQ.
· Experience in:
o Designing, implementing, and using F5 load balancers to manipulate, optimize and control network traffic.
o Content switching, understanding of SSL offload and implementation of SSL certificates.
o Network Automation tools and scripting to eliminate manual steps for everyday tasks, such as decommissions, new deployments, auditing, logging, and monitoring.
About the department:
Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. It is made up of 9 divisions: Business Solutions, Service Management Office, Architecture, Central Services Administration & Imaging Operations, Enterprise Development, IT Finance & Support Services, Operations, IT Strategic Alignment, and IT Security. About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (select Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.If you have any questions, please contact: