Make a positive impact during a difficult transition for clients entering our Adult Correctional Facility (ACF). Join us as a Public Safety Records Clerk where your main responsibilities will be completing resident interviews, taking booking photos, and handling system inquiries. Our Men's ACF operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week, and the work is fast paced. This job is a match for you if you have a good attitude, strong customer service skills, and work well under pressure in varying environments.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Adult Correctional Facility - Men's Section at 1145 Shenandoah Lane Plymouth, Minnesota, 55447. This position is subject to 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts that include: days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and occasional mandatory overtime. You must be able to work all shifts and days of the week; candidates indicating limited availability will not be considered for this position. Shift and weekend differential are paid for qualifying hours.
About this position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Public Safety Records Clerk.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Complete resident interview and other system inquiries; maintain and update resident data in the juvenile booking/data system.
o Education may be substituted for experience on a month for month (3 semester credits equals 1 month) basis.
· The ability to obtain a State of Minnesota Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) certification within 12 months.
· The ability and willingness to work with residents who are hostile and difficult at times.
· Note: you must be 21 years or older to work at the Adult Correctional Facility.
Nice to have:
o Working in a law enforcement, corrections, or institutional setting in a related support staff position.
o Providing face-to-face or telephone customer service to diverse clients.
o Navigating multiple computer applications simultaneously in order to provide exceptional customer service.
· Ability to:
o Work in a team setting as a team member with a mix of professional staff and residents.
o Work in a fast-paced environment; handle stress and work well under pressure.
o Respect and maintain confidentiality of records and private data.
o Build and maintain rapport with clients, staff, and other professionals, law enforcement agencies, and the public.
· Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
· Advanced skill in working with Microsoft Office applications, Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS), Minnesota Government Access (MGA), keyboarding, data entry, and use of the internet and intranet.