Hennepin Health is looking for a senior communications specialist to join our Marketing, Communications, and Outreach team. This position will support internal, external-partner, and member-facing marketing and communications products across all Hennepin Health channels. Products include internal articles, external newsletters, annual reports, social media posts, website content, print collateral, and more.This individual will also collaborate with Hennepin Health program managers, Hennepin County staff, community partners, and external media organizations to promote strategic initiatives and help launch marketing campaigns. The right candidate will be instrumental in sharing Hennepin Health’s story of health system reform and will work to uphold and enhance Hennepin Health’s brand, vision and mission.Effective December 31, 2023, there will be a general salary adjustment of 2.5% to the minimum and maximum of the range. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.
Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Hennepin County Health Services Building, 525 Portland Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415 and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as a Communications Specialist, Senior.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Write, edit, prepare, and produce a variety of Hennepin Health marketing and communications products including internal articles, external newsletters, annual reports, social media posts, website content and print collateral.
· Collaborate with Hennepin Health program managers, Hennepin County staff, community partners, and media organizations to promote strategic initiatives and launch marketing campaigns.
· Reach Hennepin Health’s target audiences with key messages, products and approaches that resonate and prompt action.
· Ensure that Hennepin Health’s marketing and communications approaches are accessible and equitable.
· Ensure that Hennepin Health marketing and communications products meet Hennepin Health’s brand guidelines and convey messages that align with Hennepin Health’s mission and vision.
· Promote Hennepin Health outreach opportunities and events on channels that reach target audiences; ensure that information about Hennepin Health is shared accurately by media organizations and other partners.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Bachelor's degree or higher in journalism, English, communications, mass communications, marketing, media studies, public administration or a closely related field and two or more years of related professional communications experience.
o Two years or more of college and four or more years of related professional communications experience.
o Six or more years of related professional communications experience.
Nice to have:
o Working with a health insurance plan, a health care organization, or in the field of public health
o Assisting with research and planning for a communication plan or has written a communication plan; converted technical information into plain language text for readers; developed content strategy within distinct programs and initiatives; developed key messages; evaluated the effectiveness of communication efforts and audience reach; generated ideas for potential online or print content; interviewed people for articles or other content development; summarized information gathered from multiple sources; used social media management tools to evaluate engagement; wrote or edited emails, web content, or social media posts for mass distribution on an internet site, public website, and/or online articles.
o Working with diverse communities and applying a health and racial equity and disparity reduction lens to the work
o Taking and processing photographs for publication on a professional platform
o Using Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, GovDelivery, and SiteCore or other web editing tool
o Ability to:
o Build and maintain trusting, collaborative and effective relationships with employees, residents and external partners.
o Summarize large amounts of information and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
o Effectively represent Hennepin Health's Marketing, Communications and Outreach team at meetings and events