Hennepin County Library is looking for reading tutor volunteers to pilot a new program at a few of our Libraries! Let's Read! will begin in October 2023.Inspire elementary students to become lifelong readers. Provide one-on-one literacy tutoring with youth grades K-5. We provide an easy-to-follow curriculum that includes all the materials to teach an effective lesson. No teaching experience required. Participating Locations:
About the volunteer position type:This is an advertisement for an unpaid, volunteer position. Please click here to apply for this unpaid, volunteer opportunity.In this volunteer position, you will:
· Work one-on-one with elementary school students.
· Follow the structured curriculum.
· Attend a tutor orientation.
· Complete a background check.
· Commit to two hours per week for a semester/year.
· Follow the Program Code of Conduct.
· Assist staff in maintaining safe and effective tutoring sessions.
Need to Have:
· A positive attitude toward learning, diversity, and students.
· Open to feedback and coaching.
· Patience and empathy for students while holding high expectations.
· An ability to interact effectively with diverse student populations.
· Commitment to your student and tutoring schedule.
Nice to Have:
· The ability to speak another language in addition to English.
Training provided by Program Coordinator, supervision by designated Hennepin County Library staff member. About the volunteer position type: This is an advertisement for an unpaid, non-benefit earning, volunteer position.
About the department:Our mission is to inspire, facilitate, and celebrate lifelong learning.Shaped by the information needs and aspirations of our residents, we envision the library as a shared space for enrichment and connection. TO APPLY: Please click here for this unpaid, volunteer opportunity.
If you have any questions, please contact: Hennepin County Library Volunteer Services at Volunteering@hennepin.usEmail Subject Header: Volunteer Opportunity - Let's Read!