Hennepin County's Outreach and Community Supports (OCS) department is seeking two Administrative Assistants. Both positions duties will include planning, coordinating, organizing, and facilitating along with supporting the implementation of Outreach and Community Supports work plan strategies.
· Supporting engagement team: In coordination with Outreach and Community Supports team, this position will provide direct community engagement and administrative support regarding the METRO Blue Line Light Rail Train (BLRT)Extension Project, Hennepin County Public Works engagement supports, and other Outreach and Community Supports special initiatives.
· Supporting leadership team: General administrative support for our director, including assisting with department communications, attending meetings, scheduling, prioritizing correspondence.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program. Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at Hennepin County Government Center, 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487, and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type:These are full-time, benefit earning positions. These positions are internally classified as an Administrative Assistant.Clickhere to view the job classification specification. In the Engagement team position, you will:
· Assist with coordinating Hennepin County translation support Outreach and Community Supports engagement fleet with Fleet Services.
· Assist with the attending and coordination of engagement activities such as listening sessions, pop-ups, attend engagement activities to support projects and assist with reaching out to key stakeholders internally and externally.
· Administrative support to include notetaking, stakeholder interviews, scheduling engagement activities and assist in facilitation of meetings.
· Assist with the development and implementation of IT tools for tracking community input development of survey tools and support data analysis of community input for summarizing and reporting out results.
In the Leadership team position, you will:
· Draft and/or prepare various communications, presentations, and reports, including emails to share with the division, specific communications and newsletters.
· Provide administrative and subject matter expert support to Outreach and Community Supports Department Director and leadership team, including managing calendars, attending meetings and notetaking, prioritizing correspondence.
· Assist in budget analysis and preparation.
· Serve on department-wide committees and/or task forces.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Four years or more of experience in general administrative work related to the management of departmental/organizational operations, or in a specialty area appropriate to the position.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in public administration, business administration, or another field appropriate to the position.
Nice to have:
· Lived or professional experience with racial equity, gender equity, LGBTQIA+ equity, and/or people with varying abilities to achieve health and racial equity.
o Creating specialized correspondence and reports for various audiences.
o Documenting and reporting out external community feedback.
o Experience working with communities of color to foster engagement around topics that impact local residents.
o Using Microsoft Office Suite and/or other similar applications to create reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
o Drafting and developing plans for program modifications and implementation.
· Ability to:
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
o Serve on county-wide committees, community groups, and task forces.
o Read and interpret policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
· Knowledge of community engagement methods and practices.
About the department:The Outreach and Community Supports Department is committed to advancing engagement internally and externally in order to better serve residents of Hennepin County. Outreach and Community Supports’ strategy is to create and strengthen long-term, sustainable relationships built on trust. This strategy aligns with and supports the County’s mission, vison, core values and disparity work. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.