$43,680.00 - $63,178.41 Annually
5/8/2023 11:59 PM Central
The Hennepin County Attorney's Office is seeking a Case Management Assistant to support Hennepin County residents and work in a vibrant and diverse environment. As a Case Management Assistant, you will help witnesses to crimes find access to resources and partner with and refer clients to external services when necessary. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program. Location and hours:
This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at Hennepin County Government Center located at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487 and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, any time between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment About this position: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as Case Management Assistant. Click here to view the job classification specification. In this position, you will:
· Provide witness assistance and case management of witnesses to crimes perpetrated by juvenile and adult offenders.
· Contact witnesses to provide information relating to their cases, including court dates, preparation for court appearances and testimony, and instructions as to the procedural steps of the court process.
· Coordinate services with police and other criminal justice professionals to facilitate an effective court process.
· Collect information on witnesses; maintain case files related to witness information; consult with attorneys regarding witness issues/concerns and availability. Document witness contacts, stand-by/appearance status, availability, and case outcomes.
· Provide direct services to victims of non-domestic misdemeanor assault cases that include information, support, court escort, and disposition notification. Assist victims of low-level misdemeanor cases by providing their court notifications, information, resources, and referrals.
· Draft legal documents and subpoenas for cases involving probate and civil commitment actions.
· Analyze data and perform investigative tasks for civil commitment matters involving criminal charges.
· Contact witnesses, family members, agency representatives and others regarding court hearings and actions.
· Obtain records or other documents as needed for trial or case development.
· Respond to requests for assistance from social service, case management, care providers.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Two years or more of responsible, paid social service experience providing direct client service.
o A two-year human services certificate.
o Two years or more of coursework in the behavioral sciences field.
Nice to have:
o Performing legal case management.
o Drafting records motions, orders and facility memos for motion hearings and subpoenas for records and witnesses.
o Utilizing electronic database in connection with probate and civil commitment files such as: OASIS HSIS, MNCIS, SILS, CAPRS Legacy, PIMS, HJIP, DocShop EMRS, ProCase, MGA, DropBox, and Department of Corrections database.
o Analyzing data, performing investigative tasks, and researching to obtain all manner of evidence for civil commitment matters involving criminal charges.
o Handling highly confidential information.
o Working one-on-one with clients in a public law office.
· Interpersonal and organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Advanced skill using Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
· Ability to work under pressure during periods of high volume activity.
· Ability to provide polite, and respectful customer service to all persons requesting.
If you have any questions, please contact: Jeffrey Smith-Sharp email@example.com