The Juvenile Probation division of the Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCCR) is seeking a Case Management Assistant for the Front-End/Direct Services unit to provide support to the front-end division units, supervision units and other areas as assigned.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program. Hennepin County employees in the Case Management Assistant job classification are encouraged to apply to be considered for lateral transfer.
Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Juvenile Justice Center, 590 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415 and remote as job duties require. Work hours are generally 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About the position type:This is a full time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Case Management Assistant.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.Criminal background checks: Applicants with convictions are not automatically disqualified. Each case is considered on its individual circumstances and the type of work.
In this position, you will:
· Arrange and transport clients to shelters, placements, court hearings, etc.
· Support other areas of the division by carrying out court orders pertaining to clients (e.g., fingerprinting, collecting DNA, obtaining substance use samples, completing initial Predatory Offender Registrations, etc.)
· Coordinate and complete intake interviews with clients and their families.
· Complete data entry and chrono notes in DOCCR databases.
· Assist in other areas of the front-end division to provide excellent customer service.
· Support Youth Group Violence Intervention (YGVI) referrals and invention data entry.
· Administer Massachusetts Youth Screening Instrument (MAYSI) Pre-Screens for youth coming onto Juvenile Probation.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Two or more years of responsible, paid social service experience providing direct client service.
o A two-year human services certificate.
o Two or more years of college coursework in the behavioral sciences field.