In this role, you will support the development of the line of business approach to data and analytics, oversee and work with leaders to develop Health data and analytics strategies, and support enterprise data and analytics initiatives. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit Employee referral program.
Location and hours:This position is hybrid and will be performed both onsite at Hennepin County buildings and remote as duties require. Typical hours are between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with flexibility, Monday through Friday. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable after the new employee successfully completes probation.About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit-earning position. This position is internally classified as an Administrative Manager, Senior. Click here to view the job classification specification.In this position, you will:
· Manage, plan, and organize the overall data and analytics program and activities of the Health line of business in ways that are clearly aligned with the mission, vision, strategic direction, and goals of both the line of business and county.
· Partner with leadership at all levels to develop Health focused data and analytics strategic plans and tools that allow business leaders to use data to make decisions and improve outcomes for the people they serve.
· Work with the Hennepin County Chief Data Officer to support the development of county-wide enterprise data, ensure alignment of line of business activities with the countywide direction, and represent the line of business on the Hennepin County Analytics Leadership Council.
· Lead and coordinate key line of business data and analytics initiatives in support of line of business and county goals, including but not limited to assessing and building data and analytics capacity in the areas, planning and implementation for Results Based Accountability framework, Health disparity reduction work, coordinating line of business survey data, strategic partnerships, and continuous quality improvement activities.
· Collaborate with the Human Services Head of Analytics and other leaders across Health and Human Services to problem solve, build capacity and work together on areas of intersection.
· Explore and advance innovative data and analytics solutions.
· Develop and maintain professional relationships at all levels of government, manage high level customer relations, and communicate and collaborate with external partners.
· Communicate data and analytics initiatives and opportunities to the line of business.
Need to have: One of the following:
· Nine years or more of experience leading data and analytics teams or large-scale data and analytics initiatives.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, data and analytics related field, or other field appropriate to the position and five years or more of experience leading data and analytics teams or large-scale data and analytics initiatives.
Nice to have:
o Working with or leading work around data processes, collection tools, and databases.
o Working with and using EPIC electronic medical record.
o Leading and managing projects.
o Power BI, data viz, surveys, on-prem data infrastructure, data collection tools (apps, Power Apps, SharePoint, Adobe Forms, etc.).
o Developing and managing a program of reports using BI/modern reporting tools.
o Presenting data and analytics ideas and strategies to decision/policy makers to provide insight and practical recommendations.
o With Cloud based analytics tools such as data factory, data fabric, synapse, etc.
o Data integration across a variety of sources using R, Python, or similar tools.
o Working with modern data infrastructures (e.g. data lakes, lakehouse, deltalake, graph databases, etc.).
· Ability to:
o Lead through ambiguity and change.
o Communicating effectively with people at all levels within the county and with leadership of community and external organizations.
o Manage a program of data and analytics initiatives.
o Develop, plan, and implement data and analytics strategic plans.
o Develop meaningful metrics in support of enterprise and line of business strategies to drive decision making and continuous improvement.
o Build and foster collaborative relationships with leaders at multiple levels of the organization; communicate effectively in individual and large group settings.
o Organize, direct, and evaluate teams.
· Knowledge of:
o Analytics (e.g. business intelligence, data and reporting, data processing and manipulation, data science, statistics, machine learning, geospatial analyses, applied research methods, data to decision frameworks, etc.).
o Healthcare policies, practice, and industry; understanding of quality reporting and population health management using electronic medical record data, claims and other data sources.
o Racial Equity Impact tool, social determinants of health and root causes of racial disparities.
o DataOps, infrastructure, and management.
o Continuous quality improvement methodologies and tools.
About the departmentHuman Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve, and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at Welcome to the Bridge (hennepin.us) - select Guest option. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.Note: You must attach a resume with your application materials to be considered for this position. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.