5/25/2023 11:59 PM Central
The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office Public Affairs Division is looking for an intern currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program. Interns should be interested in video and photo editing, media relations, law enforcement communications, and social media. Interns will be assigned to the Sheriff’s Administrative Office and work side by side with the Sheriff’s communications team to create digital products for marketing and social media. Interns will have the opportunity to work with all divisions within the Sheriff’s Office including Water Patrol, Adult Detention, Forensic Science Laboratory, Major Crimes, Criminal Intelligence, Violent Offender Task Force, Employee Wellness, Community Engagement and more. They will gain experience video/photo editing, storytelling, film lighting, and media relations. Interns will also see the internal workings of the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office and learn what it takes to run Minnesota’s most populated county. Location and hours: Job duties will be performed at the Administrative Offices of the Hennepin County Sheriff located at 350 South 5th St., Minneapolis, MN 55415. Interns are expected to work Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Interns will work up to 20 hours a week. The internship starts in June 2023 and will last three months with the potential to extend. Note: You must attach a resume and two samples: one multimedia and one video with your application materials in order to be considered for these positions. Candidates may submit samples produced for another internship, student news outlet or class. About this position type: This is limited duration, non-benefit earning internship position. This position is internally classified as an Intern II. Click here to view the job classification specification. In this position, you will:
· Craft and media content at the direction of a supervisor and work in partnership with subject matter experts.
· Film video and take photos using a DSLR camera. The videos you create include: employee spotlights, advertisements of events, social media for Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, and Youtube.
· Create graphics for social media, print collateral, advertisements, web, executive presentations and more.
· Review, revise and publish content with support from others.
· Plan and execute other tactics such as creating and publishing internal and external marketing content.
Need to have:
· Enrollment in a bachelor's degree program for the 2023-2024 academic school year in communications, journalism, marketing, mass communication, law enforcement, criminal justice, and/ or related fields.
· Intermediate with the Adobe design suite, including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Acrobat and more.
· Lift up to 50 pounds.
· Completion of introductory photography, film, or multimedia communication classes.
· Access to reliable transportation.
Nice to have:
· Knowledge if foundational understanding of film and photography.
· Experience in a correctional setting or correctional based field work.
· Experience working with video production or photography.
· Competence in various software programs:
o including proficiency in Microsoft products or equivalent Google products.
o Video and photography editing software's (i.e. Adobe design suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro).
· Ability to:
o Work independently.
o Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
o Be self-motivated and organized.
If you have any questions, please contact: Abbie Hugunin Abbie.Hugunin@hennepin.us