The Operations Business Information Office in County Administration is seeking an IT Technical Analyst III with experience in implementation and daily operational maintenance and support of technical business solutions. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit the employee referral program page.Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both onsite at various county buildings and remote as job duties require. Primary office will be located at 701 fourth Avenue South, Suite 650 Minneapolis, MN 55415. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., along with after hours on call support. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.New employees who are hired into hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment. About the position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position.This position is internally classified as an IT Analyst III - Technical and Technical Process Analyst. Click here to view the job classification specification.At this time, employees may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,192.19 that can be earned annually based on performance.In this position, you will:
· Lead in the coordination of new technology implementations, test system requirements, upgrade/release requirements, patching cycle requirements, and integration requirements to meet business solution needs.
· Lead production support and major incident management:
o Manage technical service requests using Hennepin County IT incident management system.
o Provide on-site and remote hardware and software support as needed.
o Support applications in server environment.
o Provide support for critical business system outages.
o Coordinate technical vendor communication and work requests.
· Establish working relationships with IT staff, vendor partners, and business partners to ensure quality partnerships to deliver business solutions.
· Coordinate and participate in auditing of new solutions, processes, and other solutions to ensure technical compliance and implement continuous improvement processes.
· Create and maintain technical documents/specifications that support development, testing and deployment of new and existing business technologies and workflows.
· Partner with business to track and report on vendor technical feasibility and business continuity.
· Partner with business to communicate and advise on vendor maintenance and support service contracts.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Six years or more of IT experience.
o Associate/vocational/technical degree in computer science, management information systems (MIS), information technology or an approved information technology field related to the position and four years or more of IT experience.
o Completion of five college/vocational technical technology courses or completion of an approved IT Hennepin County internship and four years or more of IT experience.
o Bachelor's degree in an IT field and two years or more of IT experience.
· Certification in ITIL Foundations.
Nice to have:
o Administering and supporting critical 24/7 business technologies.
o With tier two or three desktop, laptop, Toughbook hardware, SaaS solution, and network support.
o With physical security hardware and building automation hardware.
o With project management.
· Ability to:
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and IT staff.
o Create documents and processes to communicate complex technical information at an appropriate level specific to the audience.
o Prioritize work demands.
o Communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and experience building effective collaborative relationships with all organizational levels of business and technical staff.
About the department: Hennepin County Administration leads the Hennepin County organization in carrying out the policies of the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners. The Operations Business Information Office serves our customers through strong partnerships, advocacy, business competency and technical expertise. Our mission is to be a strategic technical liaison, bridging our customers' business objectives with the county's technology mission. About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (log in as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.