We're making health happen in North Minneapolis. Join us as a Senior, Pharmacy Technician, and you can be part of this vibrant community. You'll assist with the daily operations and customer service of the pharmacy, as directed by the Pharmacists and allowed by law. Our pharmacy fills prescriptions ordered only through NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center providers. Learn more about services our pharmacy provides here.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program.About this position type:
This position is full-time, benefit-earning position.This position is internally classified as Pharmacy Technician, Senior Click here to view the job classification specification.
Location and hours:This position is located North Minneapolis, Minnesota. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and one Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. a month. Based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin. In these positions, you will:
· Assist with distribution of stock medications, vaccines, and other supplies to clinic staff.
· Comply with all applicable Hennepin County and NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center policies, procedures, and patient care protocols.
· Comply with all applicable government regulations and professional standards for patient care.
· Develop technical knowledge and competency of products/services provided by the pharmacy in order to provide information and assist patients and clinic staff.
· Participate in trainings, educational and professional programs and/or review professional literature on an ongoing basis to maintain pharmacy knowledge, competency, and certification.
· Assist in workflow assignment and training of pharmacy technicians.
· Assist with staff credentialing and annual training compliance for pharmacy technicians.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Graduation from a pharmacy technician training program and two or more years of experience as Pharmacy Technician.
o Three or more years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
· A current certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
Nice to have:
o In a supervisory or lead position.
o In data management in a pharmacy environment.
o With pharmacy related software.
· Knowledge of computer data entry, operation systems, and Pharmacy rules and regulations related to the role of the registered Pharmacy Technician.
· Ability to:
o Communicate orally and in writing with peers and superiors.
o Consult with patients and medical staff in a multidisciplinary setting.
o Make decisions within the confines of Pharmacy rules and regulations.