We’re hiring a Principal Production Publishing Operator to operate the printing function of the Central Services area of the Information Technology department. The person in this position will manage the operation and maintenance of high-speed digital printing and large format printing and cutting. This area works behind the scenes to ensure the county’s essential printing is processed and printed. Daily essential printing includes accounts payable and payroll checks, invoices, hundreds of thousands of reports for county staff, and notices and letters for residents to help them apply for services. When they aren’t working on these essential print functions, they turn internal customers’ print files into works of art by creating brochures, flyers, and much more.Effective December 31, 2023, there will be a general salary adjustment of 2.5% to the minimum and maximum of the range. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program. Location and hours:This position is located at the Hennepin County Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, any time between the hours of 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Based on current requirements hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin. About the position type:This position is a full-time, benefit earning position.This position is internally classified as a Production Publishing Operator, Principal.Clickhere to view the job classification specification. In this position, you will:
· Operate high-speed digital printers, large format printers and cutters, and a variety of bindery and finishing equipment.
· Perform basic service maintenance on all equipment and maintain service logs.
· Receive, monitor, and evaluate input stream of print files received via email, disk, hard copy (must be scanned into a print image), or on-line (network/mainframe).
· Prioritize and direct print jobs to one of several high-speed digital printers, or related equipment to insure efficiency and economy.
· Edit complete documents independently or with the graphics and document design staff prior to printing by merging, inserting photos and graphics, resizing documents, and arranging pagination.
Need to have:
· Three or more years of experience in the operation and maintenance of high-speed digital printing equipment and large format printers and cutters.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift and move heavy boxes often weighing more than 70 pounds.
Nice to have:
o Performing basic service maintenance on equipment and maintaining service logs.
o Editing complete documents independently or with graphics and document design staff prior to printing by merging, inserting photos and graphics, resizing documents, and arranging pagination.
· Ability to:
o Manage changing priorities and schedules on a frequent basis.
o Provide excellent customer service and work effectively as a team.
o Develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, county officials and co-workers.
· Proficiency with computers, production publishing equipment, and file management.
About the department:Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. It is made up of 9 divisions: Business Solutions, Service Management Office, Architecture, Central Services Administration & Imaging Operations, Enterprise Development, IT Finance & Support Services, Operations, IT Strategic Alignment, and IT Security. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (Log in as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a background check. If you have any questions, please contact: Roberta Arpinar Roberta.Arpinar@hennepin.us