The Property Tax Division of the Resident and Real Estate Services (RRES) department is seeking to fill a Real Estate and Tax Specialist III position. Under limited supervision, this position will maintain real property and tax records and assist clients with transactions related to legal descriptions, recording, taxes, abatements, and other complex real property records and tax business.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours: This position will be performed on-site at the Hennepin County Government Center in downtown Minneapolis at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with some flexibility.
About this position type:This is a full-time, benefit-earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Real Estate and Tax Specialist III. Click here to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Assist and handle property tax statements for other tax categories.
· Manually key payments into the property tax system daily.
· Process daily mail handling and distribution for the department.
· Provide in person and electronic customer service to attorneys, title company representatives, lending institutions, and the general public on complex real estate and tax questions.
· Apply standards to respond to customer requests regarding payment processing, including Optical Character Recognition, check remittance and Point of Sale applications.
· Research, analyze, and resolve questions for customers, and process related items according to established procedures and expectations.
· Assist with training and participate in cross-training to support team members and business partners. Serve as a resource to others on technical issues, complex procedures, policies, and directives. Train others on new procedures and maintain updated written documentation of responsible procedures.
· Balance and reconcile payments, reports, accounts, invoice processing and end of day processing that may include interactions with other departments and external contacts.
· Recommend needed changes and assists with implementation of new techniques to enhance and improve procedures within the department.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Three years or more of clerical experience processing and maintaining financial and/or legal documents.
§ Note: Business or other related education may be substituted for experience on a semester basis
Nice to have:
o Working as a Real Estate and Tax Specialist I and/or Real Estate and Tax Specialist II.
o Providing customer service in-person or over the telephone.
o Working with complex math, such as calculating interest and tax amounts.
o Working with general accounting and reconciliation.
o With Minnesota state statutes and/or real estate terminology in a work setting.
o Using Microsoft Office Suite products.
· Ability to work independently and meet objectives under limited supervision.
About the department: Resident and Real Estate Services covers the foundational responsibilities of government: land surveying, land recording, property tax collection and distribution.
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.