As a Sheriff's Deputy you will have the opportunity to expand your public safety experience through training, promotion, and opportunities for specialized law enforcement assignments. The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office offers initiatives such as Criminal Information Sharing and Analysis, Violent Offender Task Force, Crime Scene Investigation, Criminal Investigation, Community Outreach and Employee Wellness. If you are a critical thinker and have great adaptability skills, then this position may be a good fit for you. The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office mission is to serve and protect all in the community by furthering equal justice, safety, and wellness. We are dedicated to serving the community with transparency, responsiveness, and compassion.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit the employee referral program page.Targeted starting salary:
$78.540.80 - $96,934.53 Annually
Full salary range:$64,623.02 - $96,934.53 Annually
Location and hours:This position requires working a flexible schedule including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, and is subject to emergency call back 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Based on current requirements hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
About this position type:This is a full-time, benefit earning position. The anticipated start date is 01/15/2024.
This position is internally classified as a Sheriff, Deputy.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Maintain security and direct activities within the Adult Detention Division and Court Security Division.
· Assist in search and rescue operations and/or respond to public safety emergencies.
· Participate in investigations, make arrests, and enforce the criminal code.
· Enforce traffic laws including the applicable laws governing water and snowmobile safety.
· Transport prisoners and others in the care of the court.
· Maintain standards of order within Hennepin County's courtrooms.