The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office is seeking a Custody Records Coordinator (CRC). As a CRC you will prepare and process criminal justice documents in the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Central Records Unit. The Central Records Unit is located in a secured facility that operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:
This position is located in downtown Minneapolis at the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility, 401 South 4th Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415 in downtown Minneapolis. Shifts may start at 6:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., or 10:30 p.m. and include weekends and holidays. Shift and weekend differential are paid for qualifying hours. You must be able to work all shifts and days of the week; candidates indicating limited availability will not be considered for this position. Based on current requirements hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin. About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Sheriff's Records Coordinator.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Prepare and process criminal justice documents, respond to court orders by interpreting orders and initiating appropriate actions, and compose reports utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications.
· Initiate actions in compliance with court case disposition and inmate release/transfer process.
· Accept cash bails and bonds for Hennepin County and other jurisdictions.
· Initiate, coordinate, and facilitate weekend judicial review sessions for judge, pre-trial, city and county attorney's offices, Minneapolis Police Department, and the Sheriff's Office.
· Work with law enforcement agencies, crime victims, the judiciary, and the general public.
· Review warrant and custody documents for accuracy and legal compliance prior to the acceptance of inmates into the Public Safety Facility.
· Schedule in-custody inmates for Hennepin County District Court appearances.
Need to have:
· Two years of general clerical experience and one of the following:
o One year or more of records experience with a public criminal justice agency
o One year or more of records experience with a district court
o One year or more of experience as a Hennepin County Public Safety Records Clerk
o Four years or more of experience as a Hennepin County Detention Deputy working in Court Staging, the Release Unit or Transfer Release
· Ability to obtain State of Minnesota Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) certification.
· Knowledge of computer word processing and spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel), and Sheriff's Office and Hennepin County specialized computer systems.
o Applying various laws, rules, and procedures pertaining to the criminal justice system.
o With inmate intake processing including booking, identification, inmate interviews, and other system queries.
o Handling complaints and protected information in a tactful and confidential manner.
o With Hennepin County criminal justice database, Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Sheriff's Office policy and procedure, and Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS).
· Ability to:
o Maintain strict confidentiality in compliance with policies and procedures for sharing information with both staff and the public.
o Train, coach, and mentor employees and build solid team morale.
o Deal effectively with people who have limited English skills.
o Relay negative information with tact and in a non-threatening manner.
o Handle multiple complex and simultaneous tasks by setting priorities to meet deadlines.