Hennepin County's Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Development division is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer II within the Business Intelligence and Data Services team. This position will focus on business requirement solicitation, report and dashboard development, data analysis and customer interface.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:
This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site an average of 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Based on business needs of this position, hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota. Work hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About the position:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an IT Developer II. Click here to view the job classification specification.
This position is eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,198.87 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
· Partner with functional business users and technical leads, Data Administrators, Data Engineers, Data Architects, and other developers in the organization to design and deliver quality reporting solutions.
· Utilize your knowledge of database design, data warehousing, and data modeling to provide and validate information and data across multiple sources.
· Collaborate with business partners, subject matter experts and end users to solicit requirements for reporting and data-focused projects.
· Be highly immersed in requirement and testing cycles; ensure the integrity and validity of data throughout each phase of data-focused project lifecycles.
· Create and maintain documentation throughout the project development life cycle.
· Demonstrate working knowledge in Business Intelligence practices including data integration, data models, data warehousing and lakes, structured and unstructured data, analysis, and validation techniques.
· Exhibit analytical thinking to interpret, visualize, and present data in informative and dynamic ways.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Four years or more of technology experience.
o Two-year college/vocational technical degree in a technology field or approved information technology certificate and two years or more of information technology experience.
o Completion of five college/vocational technical technology courses and two years or more of information technology experience.
o Completion of approved IT Hennepin County internship and two years or more of information technology experience.
o Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology field and one year or more of information technology experience.
Nice to have:
o Developing business reporting solutions using Power BI.
o Developing business reporting solutions using IBM/Cognos reporting tools and IBM Budgeting/Planning solutions.
o Extracting data from Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases.
o Working with PeopleSoft Finance and Human Capital Management modules.
· Ability to:
o Solicit and interpret detailed functional and technical specifications.
o Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
o Demonstrate a team player instinct with the ability to adjust into various roles when necessary.
· Knowledge of database design, data warehousing, and data modeling.
· Effective organizational and time-management skills with the capacity to handle multiple, competing tasks.
· Interest in growing skills in data, data projects and various reporting solutions.
About the department:Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. They are made up of 6 divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, operations, and special projects.
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest).
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a background check.