We’re hiring a Strategic Planning and Performance Management Manager for the Strategic Planning and Analytics (SPA) department. This position will lead the development, execution, and quality of strategic planning and performance management efforts for Hennepin County. This role is expected to work closely with county administrators and line of business leadership to establish formal strategic plans for the enterprise and major business units that drive alignment throughout the organization behind enterprise priorities. This will also include the implementation and ongoing support and performance management of these strategies. The Strategic Planning and Performance Management Manager is expected to coordinate with enterprise and line of business resources to ensure strategic planning efforts are adequately resourced and their performance is appropriately managed. In addition, this role will also coordinate with county planning experts and leaders to develop a shared framework, standards, and general approach to strategic planning. As a member of the department’s leadership team and a direct report to the Strategic Planning Director, this position co-leads the development, execution, and evaluation of the Strategic Planning and Analytics strategic plan as well as the development and implementation of department policies. This role will manage a team of professional and high-level strategic planners and project managers who may have direct reports of their own (e.g., Principal Planning Analysts and Principal Administrative Assistants). They will have responsibility for managing the budget of this team, providing direction and oversight for projects, and supporting the development of their staff.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit theemployee referral program page.Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both remotely and on-site at Hennepin County buildings as job duties require. This position has a primary schedule of Monday-Friday, days, with flexibility to respond to business needs. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. About the position type: This position is full-time, benefit earning. This position is internally classified as an Administrative Manager. Click here to view the job classification specification.Note: You must attach a resume as part of your application materials to be considered for this position.In this position, you will:
· Work with county leaders to develop formal enterprise and major business unit strategic plans. Support the overall governance of strategic planning efforts.
· Coordinate with county and enterprise resources to implement and provide ongoing support and performance management for county strategic plans.
· Provide work direction, supervision, and professional development to a team of professional strategic planners.
· Consult with SPA leadership and external partners to mature the discipline of strategic planning withing the county and ensure strategies are data informed.
· Communicate to county leadership and county staff on the status of key efforts, strategic planning and performance management standards, and other topics related to the work.
· Co-lead the development and implementation of the SPA department strategic plan, including execution and evaluation efforts, in conjunction with the SPA leadership team.
· Develop strategic planning and performance managements standards in coordination with county subject matter strategic planning experts and leaders.
Need to have: One of the following:
· Nine years or more of experience related to organizational operations or programs or a specialty area appropriate to the position.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration and five years or more experience related to organizational operations or programs or a specialty area appropriate to the position.
o Developing and executing large-scale strategic plans.
o Supervising and leading teams.
o Working in the public sector.
o In areas of racial equity or disparity reduction.
o Using data to develop and achieve program goals.
o Monitoring budgets.
o Providing effective interpersonal, coaching, negotiating, conflict management, and consensus-building skills.
· Ability to:
o Lead department staff through the transformational and cultural shifts required to implement formal enterprise and major business unit strategic plans.
o Collaborate effectively with individuals, communities, and stakeholders.
About the department: The Strategic Planning & Analytics Department guides and coordinates enterprise and cross line-of-business strategic plans, initiatives, and priorities to help ensure the successful integration of data, projects, and investments into countywide strategies. To support the execution of Hennepin County strategic priorities, the department provides:
· High-level coordination of the strategic planning process
· Leadership of organizational data initiatives
· Strategic analytics
· Business process optimization
· Strategic incubation of enterprise initiative
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.If you have any questions, please contact: Corinne HemmerichCorinne.Hemmerich@hennepin.us