$99,221.82 - $160,208.26 Annually
6/1/2023 11:59 PM Central
The Adult Representation Services (ARS) department is seeking a Senior Attorney to represent clients in a variety of civil proceedings such as representation of parents in child protection cases, tenants in evictions proceedings, non-custodial parents in child support contempt proceedings, respondents, or persons subject to guardianship in guardianship and conservatorship cases, and representation of individuals facing civil commitment. The Adult Representation Services department provides high-quality, holistic representation to clients experiencing poverty in certain civil matters where appointment of counsel is necessary to protect a fundamental right or to further the county’s mission of reducing disparities and promoting the stability of residents.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit the employee referral program page.
Location and hours:
This position will be onsite at the Human Services Building on 525 Portland Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
About this position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an Attorney, Senior. Click here to view the job classification specification. In this position, you will:
· Train and supervise professional legal staff.
· Allocate resources and establish policies, procedures, and priorities within the division consistent with unit and divisional objectives.
· Schedule staff, monitor caseloads, and assure equitable distribution of work.
· Participate in hiring, training, and other human resources functions.
· Advocate for policy changes with external agencies such as the court and other stakeholders.
· Interpret and communicate leadership objectives to staff in work division.
· Assure adherence to unit policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate commitment to the mission and values of Hennepin County and encourage staff to do the same.
Need to have:
· Admission to the Bar of the state of Minnesota.
· Four or more years of experience as a practicing attorney, two of which must have been in the field of public law.
Nice to have:
· Strong litigation skills.
· Experience representing clients on court appointed cases.
· Experience in public law.
· Knowledge of:
o Local laws and ordinances, established precedents, and legal reference sources.
o The principles, methods, and practices of legal research and investigation.
o Judicial procedures and the rules of evidence.
o Pleading and practicing effective presentation of court cases.
· Communication, interpersonal skills, and persuasive public speaking ability.
· Ability to:
o Demonstrate employee competencies.
o Independently try cases.
o Utilize computers and other technologies to manage your work.
If you have any questions, please contact: Marita Nguyen email@example.com