The Client and Community Restoration division within the Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCCR) is seeking a Case Management Assistant (CMA) to support the Electronic Home Monitoring (EHM) program.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.Hennepin County employees in the Case Management Assistant job classification are encouraged to apply to be considered for lateral transfer.
Location and hours:This position is located at 3000 North 2nd Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55411. The Electronic Home Monitoring is a 24/7 program; therefore, shifts are bid by seniority. Holidays, overnights, and weekends may be required.
Based on current requirements, hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
About the position type:This is a full time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Case Management Assistant.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.Criminal background checks: Applicants with convictions are not automatically disqualified. Each case is considered on its individual circumstances and the type of work.
In this position, you will:
· Conduct 24/7 monitoring of correctional clients assigned to the EHM Program.
· Admit and release EHM participants to the program as ordered by the Court.
· Document case information in automated informational systems.
· Communicate effectively with adult and juvenile clients, their families, educators, and employers.
· Demonstrate pro-social role modeling for EHM participants.
· Maintain various records.
· Interact with court personnel.
· Enforce EHM program rules.
· Complete progress and violation reports for court.
Need to have:
· One of the following:
o Two or more years of responsible, paid social service experience providing direct client service.
o A two-year human services certificate.
o Two or more years of college coursework in the behavioral sciences field.
Nice to have:
· Experience carrying an assigned caseload of pre adjudicated and post adjudicated juveniles or adults.
· Knowledge of community resources.
· Knowledge of client databases, web-based monitoring software, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to:
o Establish and maintain good relationships with clients, co-workers, and the public.
o Assess each situation using good judgment.
o Follow instructions verbally and in writing.
o Recognize and respect cultural differences and provide culturally appropriate services.
· Proficient keyboarding/typing skills to enter and process information expediently and accurately.