NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center is seeking to hire multiple Dentists to work in its fast-paced dental clinic. Candidates who are looking to serve in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) will be pleased to know that NorthPoint's score is 18. Health care providers that help underserved communities are eligible for scholarship and loan repayment programs.Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visitemployee referral program. Location and hours:These positions are located at 2220 Plymouth Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN. Clinic hours are Monday and Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. (Work hours will vary). Based on current requirements hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota.About these position types:These are full-time, benefit-earning positions.These positions are internally classified as a Dentist.Clickhere to view the job classification specification.These positions are eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $25,742.33 that can be earned annually based on performance.In these positions, you will:
· Diagnose and treat diseases, decay, and other conditions of the oral cavity.
· Examine hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity and surrounding structures for disease and other abnormalities.
· Perform, read, evaluate, and interpret x-ray procedures.
· Chart patient's oral condition and devise treatment plans.
· Administer nitrous oxide analgesia and local anesthesia.
· Perform operative, endodontic, fixed and removable prosthetic, and oral surgery procedures; may perform periodontal surgery, oral biopsies, and limited orthodontic treatment.
· Confer with patient and/or patient's parent or guardian regarding dental treatment plan.
· Enter and retrieve information from Dentrix electronic dental records.
Need to have:
· Graduated from a school of dentistry with a DMD, DDS, or equivalent dentistry degree as determined by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry for Licensure.
· Possession of a valid license to practice dentistry issued by the State of Minnesota Board of Dentistry or ability to attain State of Minnesota license to practice upon employment.
Nice to have:
· Current registration with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to administer and prescribe controlled drugs.
· Certification in the administration of nitrous oxide.
o Using Dentrix or other electronic dental record systems.
o As a dentist in a community health clinic.
o Treating pedodontic patients.
· Ability to respect, appreciate, and promote teamwork among diverse co-workers and patients.
About the department:NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center actively partners to create a healthier community and works to provide a highly desirable place for health care that values diversity/inclusion, compassion, stewardship, innovation, and integrity. About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at Welcome to the Bridge (hennepin.us) - select the Guest option. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.Note: to be considered, applicants must submit a resume. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Posting will remain open until filled. Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check. These positions will have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Candidates must pass a language assessment to qualify for bilingual duties and pay. If you have any questions, please contact: Brooke HaafBrooke.Haaf@hennepin.us