The HR Services division within HR department is seeking a Human Resources Representative. This position will provide organizational support, data reporting, and customer service support to subject matter leadership throughout the county. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:This position is remote. Remote workers may be required to come on-site 0 to 12 days a year for work meetings, trainings, or for any other reasons that their supervisor may deem necessary (may include additional days for onboarding and new employee training). Supervisors will provide as much advance notice as practicable. Work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Based on business needs of this position, hires must live in or relocate to Minnesota.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Human Resources Representative. Click here to view the job classification specification.
In this position, you will:
· Create and maintain HR/Classification SharePoint presence.
· Work with HR and IT data teams to monitor and prepare reporting for HR and county leadership.
· Assist with the continued rollout of automated job study system.
· Consolidate all filing and documents for classification studies according to the data retention plan.
· Answer internal and external customer questions related to classification.
· Proofread and edit all classification specifications.
· Work with the Talent Acquisition team on approved classification changes.
· Present at Successful Supervision and other duties as apparent or assigned.
Need to have:One of the following:
· Four years or more of human resources work experience.
· Certificate in human resources from an approved college or university and two years or more of human resources work experience.
· Two years or more of college including 12 semester credits in the fields below and two years or more of human resources work experience.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, industrial relations, human resources administration, public administration, psychology, or a field closely related to the position.
Nice to have:
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams).
· Experience in collecting, researching, and analyzing data.
· Ability to work with individuals at all levels in a diverse organization.
· Ability to be flexible and learn new processes and systems quickly.
About the department:In Human Resources, we make it our mission to provide an employee experience that attracts and retains the best talent to serve our residents. HR programs and services are instrumental in realizing the county’s stated organizational value: “Continuous development and engagement of our workforce to reflect innovation, creativity, and diversity in planning for the future.”About Hennepin County:Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at the Bridge. Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.This posting may be used to fill current and future limited duration or permanent vacancies. This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.If you have any questions, please contact: