5/11/2023 11:59 PM Central
Do you have a creative passion for graphic design and communications? The creative division of the communications department is seeking a student to participate in a part-time internship opportunity as a graphic design intern. Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program. Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Government Center at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN and remote as job duties require. Work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. This internship will start in June and will last through August with the potential to extend into the academic year. The intern will work approximately 20 hours/week. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin. About this position type: This position is part-time, limited duration non-benefit earning internship. This position is internally classified as an Intern II. Click here to view the job classification specification. Note: You must attach a resume and two work samples including a creative execution or campaign and a text heavy page layout with your application materials to be considered for this position. Candidates may submit samples produced for another internship, student news outlet, or class. In this position, you will:
· Create graphics for social media, print collateral, advertisements, web, executive presentations and more.
· Collaborate with creative team and clients on campaign concepting and strategy.
· Ideate and creatively problem solve within brand guidance.
· Communicate and present design concepts to the team and colleague collaborators.
· Ensure design results, timelines and budgets are met from conceptual phase through final production.
· Take part in informational interviews and job shadowing with other county communications professionals and subject matter experts.
· Attend team and communications department meetings and training sessions.
· Engage with county and other learning and development opportunities of interest.
Need to have:
· Enrollment for the Fall 2023-2024 academic year or a recent graduate (within 6 months) in an associate or bachelor's degree program in graphic design, or a closely related field.
· Completed introductory design classes.
· Intermediate to profiencent experience with the Adobe design suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Acrobat and more.
· Access to reliable internet connection and self-supported hybrid workspace.
Nice to have:
· Experience with:
o The design process, design platforms and foundational design concepts.
o Microsoft Office Products (Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Outlook) or equivalent Google products.
o Data visualization and concepting.
o Illustration, photography, video, or motion graphics.
· Ability to:
o Work in a fast-paced environments.
o Adapt to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, working with the supervisor to set priorities and meet deadlines.
o Facilitate presentations and incorporate feedback.
o Take initiative in solving problems and use sound judgment when approaching problems.
If you have any questions, please contact: Megan Baer Megan.Baer@hennepin.us