Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) IT team is seeking a motivated Quality Assurance IT Analyst II (QAII) to write formal test plans, follow up with the proper chain of command for the project, regardless of the project organization, communicate and articulate software specifications, and create formal test plans that can be used for identification of bugs, defects, and long-term training tools. This position will allow for a level of creativity and flexibility of what tools to use and there will be expected research done to find new tools or methodologies for creating a full-stack quality assurance platform.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours: This position is hybrid and will be based out of the 701 Building at 701 4th Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415 and remote as job duties require. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, with a flexible work schedule between the hours of 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. The HCSO IT Team supports Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office mission critical infrastructures. Due to the nature of the work, this role can require 24/7 attention with some rotating on-call duties. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022, to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.About the position type: This is a full-time benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an Information Technology Analyst II (Quality Assurance Analyst). Click here to view the job classification specification.At this time, employees may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $1,815.05 that can be earned annually based on performance.In this position, you will:
· Work directly with the HCSO IT Development team and collaborate with the HCSO IT Operations team.
· Maintain systems within HCSO and provide documentation of the updates.
· Establish effective working relationships with other information technology staff and users.
· Develop effective test plans to existing and new applications.
· Analyze and resolve complex software testing requirements.
· Be able to contribute to a development team with constructive test information and reporting.
· Document of all software testing results and repeatable test plans for projects.
· Understand cloud solutions where appropriate and provide criteria for testing.
Need to have: One of the following:
· Five years or more of information technology experience.
· Completion of approved Hennepin County IT internship and three years or more of IT experience.
· Completion of five college/vocational/technical information technology courses and three years or more of IT experience.
· Associate's/vocational/technical degree in a field listed below and three years or more of IT experience.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS), information technology or an approved information technology field related to the position and one year or more IT experience.
Nice to have:
o Working on an Agile project.
o Using operating systems such as Linux and Windows.
o Using method documentation applications such as Azure DevOps testing and SmartBear Zephyr.
o Using several tools and understanding of testing methodologies.
o Working on the development and implementation of major projects.
· Knowledge of
o Agile project methodologies.
o Hennepin County IT best practices.
o A tiered structure for an application and be able to learn how to identify the back end, middle-tier services and presentation layer so that each environment can be properly tested.
About the department: The HCSO IT Department operates under the direction of the Law, Safety and Justice Business Information Officer within the Law, Safety and Justice line of business. HCSO IT supports the operations and development of the information technology systems of the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office which includes 911 Computer Aided Dispatch, Jail Management System, Forensic Science Lab, Court Services, Warrant Office, Patrol Division, Water Patrol, Transport, Civil Processing, Investigations, Emergency Services Unit & other specialty units.About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile. Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at The Bridge (login as Guest). Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.If you have any questions, please contact: Brooke HaafBrooke.Haaf@hennepin.us