At Apex, our vision is to “Become the most respected, most admired, most sought after CPG contract manufacturer in the World.” We are a manufacturer of high-quality personal and home care products, many of which you see on the shelves at the stores you shop today.
In the receiving and pre-weigh departments, you are the beginning of the manufacturing process. You will be receiving, sampling, and weighing bulk chemicals into batches that will be used to create the products for our customers.
General warehouse experience and/or sit-down forklift experience is preferred, but training is available to those that want to learn and grow with our company and be a part of our dynamic team.
Benefits include competitive pay, medical, dental, 401K, vacation time, PTO, paid holidays, and more. Overtime is available. Work is performed in a heated and air-conditioned facility!
Shift differential paid for 2nd
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Pick, Move and Store raw Materials in a safe, timely, and organized manner, accurately and efficiently.
2. Pull samples required per Raw Material Record and submit for testing.
3. Receive Raw Material ensuring all documentation is accurate and entered correctly.
4. Perform basic testing and evaluations of raw materials in accordance to written procedures, including ATR-FT-IR, pH, viscosity, specific gravity, refractive index, and loss on drying.
5. Understand and maintain a culture of “lean Action” within the department so that we live lean better than any organization.
6. Perform other work as assigned.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
1-2 years of prior relevant experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Operate all material handling equipment safely and efficiently.
To be effective, this position requires the ability to multitask, demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to organize.
* Can maintain and grow technical knowledge and expertise. Can be accurate, precise and pay attention to detail
* Has working knowledge and experience with MS Office access
* Can read and follow written work instructions and specifications.